This website has been designed in-line with the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (EC Directive).
As part of a wider commitment to ensure that your information is secure, we periodically conduct a cookie audit of our website to ensure that we are fulfilling all necessary requirements in relation to our users. The following is our position in relation to current Cookies in use on our website, and how we store and use them.
Last policy update: 23/04/2014
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your computer or device. This file can be used for a variety of purposes including enabling website functionality to give you the best experience, analysing website usage or targeting advertising and tracking performance of campaigns.
First Party Cookies
First-party cookies are used to monitor how our clients and visitors find and use our website. We report on this activity in aggregate, and use this information solely for the purposes of improving the functionality of, and monitoring our website.
1.) Session ID
- (PHPSESSID) – We use these to keep track of your movement from page to page, so you don’t get asked for the same information that you have already given to our site.
2.) Google Analytics Cookies
- __utma – These are used to determine unique visitors to your site. Expiration is 2 years.
- __utmb – These are used to establish and continue a user session with your site. Expiration is 30 minutes.
- __utmc – These are used to determine whether or not to establish a new session for the user. Expiration is after the browser is exited.
- __utmz – These are used to calculate search engine traffic, ad campaigns and page navigation within the site. Expiration is 6 months.
- Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting
- We use data from Google’s interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data with Google Analytics to produce reports containing visitor demographic information such as age, gender, and interests.
- This data is used in aggregate and cannot be used to identify a single user.
- The sole purpose of gathering this information is to improve our customer relationship management and the performance of our external communications.
3.) Consent Cookie
- These are used to keep track of whether or not the user has granted consent for cookies to be stored on their computer.
4.) WOW Analytics Cookies
- wow.anonymousid – Identifies a user returning to the website
- wow.session – Used to track a session on the website, has about a 20 minute life span
- wow.trackingdata – Contains the CommuniGator contact and email details of the visitor, created from a CommuniGator email campaign
Third Party Cookies
Third party cookies are cookies created by another party external to Smart Traffic, when you use a page on our website. These cookies are specific to the third-party’s domain and accordingly the data held in them can be seen and managed by the third party, and not by us. We control whether or not we use the third-party service with our website, and how it is integrated and presented on our website. We do not however have control over the content or the cookies themselves, the use made of them or the security of that data once held by the third party.
These third parties may collect information about your visit to our website, and they may then use this along with other data in order to serve advertising which may be more relevant to you and your interests. However, we recognise that some visitors may see this use of data as intrusive, so for your information we are listing the third party cookies that we use to allow you to manage your settings to your specifications.
The third party sites that we use are:
- Google Maps
- Google +1
We believe there is no reason for our website visitors to be concerned about the privacy implications of any of the cookies we use, but we do understand that you may need to be made aware of the intention and scope of data stored in the cookies, which are created or updated on your computer when you visit our website. You always have the option to delete these cookies from your computer between visits to our website if desired.
If you have concerns about the privacy implications of the cookies we use, then we recommend that you manage your cookie settings using the cookie management tools in your web browser.
We occasionally try out other providers which may result in the creation of further cookies on your computer. If other cookies are in operation, these providers and cookies will be listed here.
No other trials are currently running.